Monday, January 13, 2014

Mavs Story

This is Mav
 


On Jan 15, 2014 he will be 15 months old,
and this is his story.
(A very hard story for me to tell)
 
 
Easton Maverick Harris was born Oct 15, 2012 in brownfield Tx.
It was a very hard delivery for him and myself but we pulled through. With in a few weeks Mav started to get a "rash" on his cheeks. I am a nurse so I instantly started doing what I have done in the hospital and used my "training".  We started using aveeno eczema lotion (I have used it my whole life, LOVE IT) change laundry soap to free and clear and minimized all "smelly stuff in our home. Sad to say but nothing helped, the "rash" started to "weep" so I finally broke down and took him to our pcp. We received oral steroids and topical creams. They worked Magically!! Hooray we are over this..........Wrong!
 









 
This is how Mav lives on a daily basis. He cannot wear shorts or short sleeve shirts. If he is able to get to any part of the irritated skin he will scratch at it until it bleeds. We eventually got referred to two dermatologist and two allergist.  More medicine, more cream. We have used about 10 different lotions, two different laundry soaps several sedative medications to keep him from basically hurting himself.
 
Some days it is worse than others

 
It will spread and make his eyes swell, or he will scratch it to the point of bleeding. (Yes, he is always happy)
 
My heart breaks for him, I can see how uncomfortable he is. God gave this little boy an amazing spirit though. I have never seen such a happy baby!!!
 
But........there is HOPE!! Something almost brand new!!
 
Micro Silk Hydrotherapy
(created by Jason International)
 
Scott (the husband and baby daddy) got an amazing new job with God loving Bosses! Through his new job we meet the folks at Morrison Show Room here is Lubbock Texas (it is on Quaker)
 
Carole and Jamie heard about Mav and immediately we got together. They have this AMAZING bath tub. I mean AMAZING tub!!!! The tub uses air to make the bubbles unlike a normal jet tub this causes the bubble to be the size of a pin point. They say not to even use soap in the tub because it will get you cleaner than that. The bubbles get under the skin and basically slough all the dead skin off. Morrison show room has a demo tub for you to put your hands and feel the difference.
 
Mav may have fallen in the Tub, LOL
 
No products were placed in the water, it is milky from the bubbles.
 
Well the wonderful people at Morrison, Destiny Homes, Jason International and a few private donations bought my sweet sweet baby a tub for our home!!
He will be able to use it every day and I am believing that this is a Cure! We are sitting here waiting for delivery as I type this!!
 
Who would have thought that after several skin damaging topical creams, bone damaging  oral steroids, two hospitalizations, traumatic diagnosis (which were not even true), and all sorts of Therapies.......it would take
 
Nothing But a Bath!
 
 
This will be Mavs story!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Amazing. God placed the right people at the right time in your life.

    ReplyDelete